Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reflection of 4th of July Story



4th of July celebration has over. The euphoria left a memorable moment in my mind, especially the fireworks party in Minnetrista Cultural Center, Muncie, Indiana.

I was doing my assignment while enjoyed the celebration as part of Study of US Institute for New Media and Journalism activity. I took some interviews with people there. Most of them were Muncie society but some other came from the other place. They were very nice. I enjoyed the conversation although in my broken English. I met very kind people that want to answer my questions beside they wanted to know what I was doing since I looked very different; wore hijab and carried many stuffs such as camera, recorder, microphone, cable, and etcetera.

Firstly, I met Fred Myrick (51), from Muncie. Secondly, I met Amber Widener and her son Aidan Widener (7). They were from Pendleton. They answered my questions clearly. I got what I want from them: thinking and experience. However, I still have to learn more on how to get interact with other people in crowded condition. Formerly, it's very hard for me to start the conversation since it was first time for me to directly make an interview in English. But later they began to understand my condition after I explain to them what I was going to do.

I was very grateful that I met very cooperative interviewees. I was scared before that will not be able to do interview well. But the fact was I can run the assignment smoothly.

I learned a lot from this experience. I learn on how to communicate with people we don't know, and how to make ourselves to be brave in starting new experience. I also learned that preparation is very important in doing something. I believe that this experience and what I learned from it can be valuable for everything I do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment